– Your event will add MEGA value on the map;
– We can suggest European speakers to your event;
– We can support advocacy with EU institutional contacts, communication, outreach.
What used to be an exception a few years ago has now become a Europe-wide phenomenon. We are deeply concerned that all over the continent restrictive measures have been enforced against those who speak for minorities, who defend European values and fundamental rights, freedom of expression, association and assembly. You can be our eyes on the ground, let us know about breaches of fundamental rights so that we can organise in defence and act in a concerted manner.
– Send updates and alerts about your countries;
– Use the resources available on the Civic Space Watch and connect with other activists across Europe;
– Coordinate with us joint actions across Europe to protect civic space.
– Participate in MEGA events (see the map)
– Join the online community and share ideas, good practice and experience
– Translate key proposals into your language
– Milestones of the campaign: Citizens’ Forums in the countries holding the upcoming EU Presidency (31st May 2018, Sofia, Bulgaria; 20th September 2018, Vienna, Austria; 9th May 2019, Sibiu, Romania)
– Map out initiatives and actions undertaken by CSOs;
– Collect testimonies and stories
– Organise a joint action day and call upon political leaders to ensure respect for fundamental values and Human rights and acknowledge the added value and the role played by civic associations and movements within our societies