You share the views expressed in the Manifesto? You conduct activities in line with the objectives of the MEGA campaign? Let us know! Join the community! We give visibility and promote civic initiatives not only through the campaign communication channels, but also by creating synergies with our network of activists on the ground, all across Europe. Share your experience. Learn from other existing initiatives. Join us in building Europe from the grassroots up!
– Your event will add MEGA value on the map;
– We can suggest European speakers to your event;
– We can support advocacy with EU institutional contacts, communication, outreach.
What used to be an exception a few years ago has now become a Europe-wide phenomenon. We are deeply concerned that all over the continent restrictive measures have been enforced against those who speak for minorities, who defend European values and fundamental rights, freedom of expression, association and assembly. You can be our eyes on the ground, let us know about breaches of fundamental rights so that we can organise in defence and act in a concerted manner.
– Send updates and alerts about your countries;
– Use the resources available on the Civic Space Watch and connect with other activists across Europe;
– Coordinate with us joint actions across Europe to protect civic space.
Throughout our MEGA campaign transnational events, we will support, collect and compile key demands from civil society to be presented as the civil society’s wish list to the Spizenkandidaten (candidates running for the presidency of the European Commission) early 2019 and to political candidates all across Europe who run for EU elections. Thus, supporters of the MEGA campaign will be actively involved in discussing, debating and reflecting upon the translation of fundamental values into inclusive public policies.
– Participate in MEGA events (see the map)
– Join the online community and share ideas, good practice and experience
– Translate key proposals into your language
– Milestones of the campaign: Citizens’ Forums in the countries holding the upcoming EU Presidency (31st May 2018, Sofia, Bulgaria; 20th September 2018, Vienna, Austria; 9th May 2019, Sibiu, Romania)
On 10th December, citizens and organisations throughout the world will celebrate the 70th anniversary of the UN Universal Declaration of Human Rights. On this occasion, we want to MEGA showcase the outstanding contribution of civic associations and movements to our societies, by giving substance to our fundamental values and access to Human rights for all, by putting equality, solidarity, inclusiveness and democracy at the core of their daily activities.
In the spirit of action days taking place on specific occasions (International Women’s Strike, Day without cars…), we will organise and coordinate One Day Without Us throughout Europe. On this day, we call for individuals, organisations and movements to make a symbolic action, in a “Japanese-style” strike. The action would consist of wearing a distinctive feature, to mark our commitment to Human Rights and show that without everyday civil society commitment, those values could be endangered.
– Map out initiatives and actions undertaken by CSOs;
– Collect testimonies and stories
– Organise a joint action day and call upon political leaders to ensure respect for fundamental values and Human rights and acknowledge the added value and the role played by civic associations and movements within our societies